Celtic Ceilidh’s 2016 Competition and Performance Makeup & Hair Instructions
- Begin by applying a skin tone foundation
- Secure false eyelashes – Ardell #105 or larger – with eyelash adhesive.
- Cover entire lid up to the brow line with white shadow.
- Cover crease area and outer 1/3 of lid with brown
- Apply liquid liner to outer 2/3 of lid directly on the upper lash line.
- Apply brown contour/blush under the cheek bone fading out towards the ear.
- Apply cranberry (reddish brown) lipstick.
Suggestions for this year’s colours:
- Eyeshadow – Revlon 555 Moonlit
- Lips – Revlon 646 Sultry Sable
The image is an example of how eyeshadow and eyeliner should be applied.
- Divide hair into two parts – an inner circle and an outer circle.
- Part outer circle of hair from above the left eye diagonally to the top of the inner circle.
- Brush center circle into a pony tail.
- Bobby pin individual curls from the pony tail to the head OR for long, thick hair, twist it tightly around finger and secure as shown.
- Once all curls/twists pinned in pun, brush the outer circle of hair to the back under the pinned curls, and twist upwards
- Bobby pin the end of the twist into the other curls.
- Spray with hairspray to finish.