Celtic Ceilidh’s Competition and Performance Makeup & Hair Instructions
- Begin by applying a skin tone foundation
- Secure false eyelashes – Ardell Fashion Lash #105 (available at London Drugs) – with eyelash adhesive.
- Cover entire lid up to the brow line with white shadow.
- Cover crease area and outer 1/3 of lid with brown
- Apply liquid liner to outer 2/3 of lid directly on the upper lash line.
- Apply brown contour/blush under the cheek bone fading out towards the ear.
- Apply cranberry (reddish brown) lipstick.
Suggestions for this year’s colours (2019):
- Eyeshadow – Revlon 555 Moonlit
- Lips – Rimmel Bordeaux 124
The image is an example of how eyeshadow and eyeliner should be applied.
- Brush hair into a smooth ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- If using a donut accessory, put hair through donut and secure with bobby pins.
- Secure braided hair piece around the base of the bun with bobby pins.
- If hair is long enough and donut accessory is not needed, arrange hair into a donut bun and braid the remaining hair to circle around the bun and secure.
- Spray with hairspray to finish.
Donut accessory and braids can be purchased from the store.