COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
2020-21 Dance Season
Updated February 6, 2021
Dear Dance Families,
It has been confirmed that under Step 1 of Alberta’s path forward, children and youth can participate in lessons, practices and conditioning activities as of Monday, February 8th. As such, we will be moving back to in-person lessons for all dancers age 18 and under on Monday, following the public health measures that remain in place:
- All participants must be 18 years old or younger, excluding coaches or trainers.
- A maximum of 10 individuals, including all coaches, trainers and participants, can participate.
- Note: classes larger than 10 will be split into groups; instructors will be in contact with those dancers with more detail.
- All participants must maintain physical distancing from each other at all times.
- Participants must be masked at all times, except when engaged in the physical activity.
- Note: while there is an exception during physical activity. dancers may still choose to wear a mask while dancing if they wish. This will be left at the discretion of our dance families.
- Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all times.
All other safety strategies that were previously in place at Celtic Ceilidh will continue. This includes:
- Mandatory Fit for Dance screening for staff and students prior to coming to dance each day.
- Adults bringing students to dance must stay in their vehicle for drop off, with the exception of parents and guardians of children who are under the age of 7 who can bring their child in the building to meet the teacher, as long as they are wearing a mask.
- Continued closure of dressing rooms. Dancers are expected to arrive ready to dance. We recognize with winter that dancers will have outwear too. They may bring this into the studio as long as they have one bag or bin they can fit all belongings into. Some cubbies are also available in the front hallway.
- Office and store visits remain by appointment only.